Thursday, July 28, 2011

JONAH ADOPTED!

Jonah came to us from a shelter where he had been turned in by a guardian angel. She found him by a convenience store in a crate-- I told you his story in another blog.

He came to my house for fostering-- what a sweet boy he was here. He had eye surgery, neuter and dental and of course, all the other things we do (bloodwork etc) to make sure they are healthy.

He had to wear the cone for awhile, but after 8 days I took it off and he was so glad! He didn't bother his stitches, so he got to leave it off.


I took him to meet his new owner-- I also had Ellie, so they could talk to each other on the way to Richmond. But, they must have decided to take a nap, because I didn't hear a word out of either of them all the way up.

Jonah "Jojo" was so good!

We went for a walk while we waited for his new family to arrive.

And here is Jojo meeting his new mom. I always have to give them lots of kisses, tell them they are going to be loved, and say a little prayer for them before I let them go. I also put a little cross on their foreheads and ask God to watch over them.

His new owners thought he was beautiful-- and he is!

Jojo got to meet his "grandboy" at his new home. I also found out that Jojo got to sleep in bed with his new owners-- he slept great, but his new dad said Jojo hogged the covers. :-)

I think Jojo has a wonderful home now-- I'm so thrilled for him!! It is what I want to each one of them. I love you, Jojo!! (We foster parents have the opportunity to love and be loved by so many Pekes-- what a blessing!)

4 comments:

lady jicky said...

I am so glad jojo found such a wonderful home!!

Sending my special prayers to you all Linda!!!

emilyp said...

Yay for JoJo!!!! I love happy stories like this:)

Tracey said...

What a beautiful story for JoJo. He will surely be blessed!

Karin said...

I'm so happy for JoJo!

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES