Monday, February 24, 2020

MINNIE SEES HER SON MR. ROONEY (ANDY)

Minnie and Mr. Rooney (Andy)
Minnie came into rescue in May of 2018 with her son, Andy/Mr. Rooney.   They didn't appear to be very bonded and both were stressed.
Minnie had two eyes, but one was pretty bad, and we could not save it.   She was in a few foster homes, and then came to me.   We realized she had significant stress issues and she went on prozac.  We don't know what happened to her, but she had PTSD in a sense-- life must have been hard.   We decided that she didn't need another change, and she has been with me for well over a year and is almost 15 (her birthday is in June, along with Kai Kai's).   She still has big stress issues, but here, in the house, she is safe and happy.   She comes to me to be petted, and is so excited when I come home from errands.  I have to stoop down so she can put her paws on my leg and I can pet her.   💜
Her son, Andy/Mr. Rooney, came to visit yesterday!  
His parents have been fostering Yogi.  Silly Yogi.  (See a blog on him tomorrow.)
I was hoping that Minnie and her son might remember each other. 
She went to him several times-- as if something was familiar. 
But, Andy/Mr. Rooney didn't seem to recognize her-- or maybe he was just content in his mom or dad's lap.
"I'm just fine here, thank you."
He ignored the others-- he was content with his family.   And my house wasn't familiar.
"Can we go home now, Dad?"  Oh, Mr. Rooney, you have found the perfect home!  We love you.💙❤️  Thank you for coming to visit!!

1 comment:

LadyJicky said...

I think Minnie remembers but not Mr Rooney.... a little sad but they are both in loving homes and that is the best of the best!!!!

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES