Monday, November 23, 2020

FANCY—BEHIND THE SCENES.

FANCY 
Meet Fancy.  
We’ve had Fancy several months but I have posted one picture of her.  Not one. 
We were asked to help her.  She was terrified.  
She had no idea what was going on.   Her owner had been homeless.  
Things must have happened to Fancy.  She was afraid of hands.  She was afraid of people.  She didn't trust anyone.
So, Lisa offered to foster her, and just let her be.   Her bulgy eye terror began to settle some.  
She didn't know what it meant for Lisa to just sit by her.   
Fancy watched her.  And Lisa didn't hurt her.  
So, Fancy learned to relax some.
She decided it was okay to be with the other dogs-- they wouldn't hurt her either.

 
Fancy asked her foster mom to send me a note.  (Aren't they amazing?) 

 It said, "Twice I asked foster mom to put me in HER bed last night.  I slept close to her.  She was happy.
I didn't want her to put me down so she put her house coat over my head and picked me up.  I didn't scream either.  I don't like her to leave me where I can't see her.  I bark at her. 
I'm sending Aunt Linda a great big hug.”

Fancy has a way to go.  But, she has come so far.  She has been through a lot, but life changed for her when she was saved and came into rescue.   She is learning she is so worth loving.   



1 comment:

Lost Earring said...

The story of Fancy brought tears to my eyes because that's how our Bandit began his life.

I won't go into Bandit's previous life that made him a PTSD Peke according to our vet and the warning that it could take years and maybe never to cure the trauma he suffered,

It has taken over 5 years for him to trust and show affection to my Hubs and myself and he loves bedding down next to my side of the bed. He competes in doggy games with our Pom/Peke boy and nestles down in the same bed as our Royal Queen Willow who rules this castle,

Oh, and Bandit is the ruler of all of the toys in our house. He gathers all of the toys at bed time and puts them in the toy basket,

He dispenses kisses rarely but he loves laying in my lap for belly rubs.

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES