Thursday, July 2, 2020

CLARA UPDATE

Clara gave me a little scare yesterday. 
We went outside for our normal 20 minute sojourn in the yard.  She was not peeing.  She just wasn't.  WHY?? 
She had less energy, she was struggling to stand.    She gets sub q fluids, so I knew she shouldn't be dehydrated, but.... 
We know the brain issues (tumor) are progressing, and Clara has lost a lot of muscle mass.  She's old, too.  She has wanted to be held more lately, which is fine.   You can see the eyes-- the right is most effected.  It drops down, a sign of the tumor. 
I messaged her vet and she said to have a urinalysis done on her, in house at the main vet clinic (not sent out) so she could get quick results.  My vet is opening a third location, a small one for check ups, not surgeries.  It isn't open yet.   My vet was doing things there to get ready, so Clara was the first patient in the new clinic!  Her heart is good, she didn't have a bladder infection.   She has lost a lot of muscle mass, and is shakier, but she is still eating well (it takes her 45 minutes to eat her meals, so that's why she is in a playpen to keep the others from sampling her food).   
On the whole, she was doing okay.   We know her time is limited, but she wasn't ready to leave us.   So, we headed home.
It was almost 3:00 in the afternoon and I hadn't eaten much, so I stopped to get a burger.  Guess who perked up!
Yes, mam,  Clara smelled that burger.   And yes, I shared with her.  She loved it.   On to a new day and fluids and watching her.  And yes, she came home and peed in the yard.  Stinker.  You scared me!   Time to cuddle!

3 comments:

Lost Earring said...

Tears for this beautiful girl Clara. But we still have a #NotToday started this morning.

Debi said...

Much luv sweetest lil Clara. I pray you get many more burger treats with momma ❤🐾👣❤

LadyJicky said...

Oh Linda..... Miss Clara knows there is nothing better than a burger and I do hope you got her chips too !!!

Clara keeps "keeping on " ..... you go girl!! XXX

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES