Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I DO IT FOR ME...

I DO IT FOR ME
Taking care of rescue dogs is something I do best:
The dogs I've bathed, the food I've fed, the vacuuming I've done ...
And all to watch a frightened soul sit dreaming in the sun.
My own dogs might feel neglected, but I tell them every day
That I love and cherish each of them ... though a new dog has come to stay.
I know they understand this, for in their eyes I see
The love that I have given them comes shining back at me.
Some people think I'm crazy, some others think I'm great:
But very few can understand what really is at stake.
If I can love and help a dog to find a better way,
My own life is much richer! I look forward to each day.
So now you know my secret.
It's there for all to see:
The love I give ... the life I save ...
I DO IT ALL FOR ME.

~Author Unknown~

3 comments:

lady jicky said...

To Linda and all the Peke Foster's - there is a thing called "peke Karma" and it will reward you all one way or the other!
I thank God for people like you all. Its so easy to just 'look the other way" but , thankfully, you all do not!

Cris said...

Thank is a sweet poem - you and your orginazation are wonderful! I'm so happy to see that Benny & Smokey got adopted!!! Thank you for what you do from a fellow animal lover.

Karin said...

Thank-you for all you do! You and your organization are wonderful, dedicated people.

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES