Sunday, November 29, 2009

A Dog Named Christmas

Warning: I've posted this before, but want to do it again. I've heard of many serious side effects from Confortis-- the flea medication/pill. One comment on the pill said, "I will never use this drug again. My 7 year old Chihuahua almost died from it. He started foaming at the mouth, went into a seizure like state, stiff as a board. I thought he was dead. It took a good 10 minutes before he could try and sit up. The Vet did bloodwork on him but refused to allow me to pay for the visit. He expects the drug company to pick up the bill. It was a horrible experience, one I will not revisit. Beware people." One of my adopters gave her dog Chancey the Confortis pill and her dog seems to have lost his vision and hearing. Please do not use this pill.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
There is a movie on tonight called A Dog Named Christmas. I read the book and loved it. There is also a Petfinder.com campaign to give dogs homes for Christmas. You can read about it on the web link below. I am not sure this is a plan that works for everyone, if it gives some dogs a new, loving home, I'm all for it.
Click here: http://www.hallmark.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/article%7C10001%7C10051%7C/HallmarkSite/HallmarkHallOfFame/HHOF_
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THE MOVIE! (Melinda, I'm sorry if you can't get this in Australia!)

6 comments:

lady jicky said...

I do not know of this movie Linda but I will keep my eyes out for it.
Have you been able to find a copy of the movie Greyfriers Bobby Linda?

* Moi Moi and Kenzo had a "day of beauty" yesterday and have their summer clip now. Guess what - we are having a cool snap! Ha!

Linda said...

I haven't found that movie yet-- A Dog Called Christmas is a Hallmark movie. They do a lot of special holiday movies here. Maybe you can find it in Australia.

Send me pictures of the "kids" with their summer cuts-- we are using the fireplace and you are hot there. :-)
Linda

Karin said...

Thanks for the Confortis warning! I really dislike drugs, whether for humans or our pets, but unfortunately they are necessary sometimes. My 1 yr. old pom was recently diagnosed with congestive heart failure and coughed constantly. He is now on three different drugs twice daily and has improved drastically. It's good to have a network of dogowners supporting each other and letting us know which drugs to stay away from.
I'll try to remember the movie tonight ~ those Hallmark movies are such tear-jerkers and it doesn't take much for me :)

lady jicky said...

Karin , I am sorry to hear about your little Pom. Only a year old for congestive heart failure - that is so young.
We all send our love and positive vibes for your doggie.
Sometimes those sorts of movies screen on our TV's . I will keep my eyes out Linda!

Linda said...

Karin, did you vet have any idea why your little Pom has congestive heart failure so young? I'm so sorry-- I'm glad he's with you getting such loving care.
Linda

Unknown said...

I saw the movie on the Hallmark Channel and it certainly brought
tears to my eyes, thinking of all the dogs and other animals that need adopting.

I am searching for the dvd to keep and to make sure that my grandchildre see it soon.

Dorothy

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES