Monday, May 3, 2010

PEKINGESE FUN DAY 2010

WE HAD AN INCREDIBLE TIME SATURDAY AT THE PEKINGESE ANNUAL PICNIC. I'M NOT GOING TO LABEL EACH PICTURE-- I'M JUST GOING TO LET YOU ENJOY THE PARADE OF PEKES! EACH ONE WAS SO CUTE. I LOVED MEETING THE PEOPLE I HAD NOT MET BEFORE. I JUST WISH I HAD MORE TIME WITH EACH ONE OF YOU. THANKS FOR COMING!!!





Okay, I have to put a comment here-- this is Lacy (left) and Anna. They both came from shelters in the same areas. Don't they look related!

This is Charlie who came from a Maryland shelter after his family moved and left him in the house. He was one lucky boy-- he was adopted and has a wonderful family now!!!
Lacy and Anna again....
This is Amelia on the left (foster dog) and Bishou (did I spell that right) on the right. Bishou is a hearing impaired service dog. She can ride in airplanes, go anywhere. What a great little girl!! Don't they look like twins!
Joshua, back right, was one of my foster dogs. I almost kept him!!! Jimmy is in the front.
Remember this one-- it's Ginger Snap. She was adopted by her rescuer/transporter!
Jimmy again.....
And again...
Katie-- now Sugar Babe was adopted.
Scotty Butters-- now lives in New Jersey. :-)
Here's his brother Willie Wonton.
Scotty again...
Suzy Wonton-- Scotty Butters and Willie Wonton's sister. She has no eyes, but gets around just fine. Her owners are incredible!
Look at us!!! Leo and Maggie...
Hello Beautiful!
This little boy was given only 6 months to live, but his incredible owners adopted him anyway. He's already lived a year-- don't you love his little mohawk!
And here's his brother (or is it his sister). Forgive me, I can't remember!

This is Teddy-- his owner went into a nursing home and Ann adopted him. His coat has really filled out.

One of Dian's beautiful dogs.
Lacy got a home yesterday!! She now lives in Annapolis, MD.
Life is good!! More pictures tomorrow of the picnic. If you have some, please send them to me so I can share them!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

They are all so precious!!!
I loved being around them all!!!

I think I'm inspired to draw another portrait!!!! :-)

Ania

lady jicky said...

Oh what a FUN day you all had!
Lots of sun , fun and Pekes!!!


Oooooo, wish I could have been there Linda!!!

Jeanne said...

I think everyone really had a great time at Fun Day. I know I did. There were pekes everywhere. Big ones,little ones,old ones and young ones. Every color you could think of. I really enjoyed meeting our new rescue Leo. What a great little peke.

What a great group to be a part of..!!!!!

Mary Elizabeth said...

I was so sorry to miss Peka-a-palooza. The pictures are great! We'll bring Camden next year. He's doing very well. He still doesn't like anyone near his food, except his momma (me); I guess I look well-fed enough not to threaten him. ;-) Other than the food guarding, he's adjusted marvelously.

lady jicky said...

Mary Elizabeth --- I love your Camden!!!

Do you think he would love a holiday here in Australia for a bit??? LOL

Cate Bach said...

These are so wonderful! I had no idea there was such a thing as Pekingese Day! I wanna come next year! Pekingese = HEAVEN!

claudine hellmuth said...

yay!! wish I could been there!! Def next year!!!

Karin said...

They are ALL so sweet! I wish I lived closer!

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES