Friday, May 30, 2014

SNAKE WARNING

 I don't like writing this blog, but I do it as a warning.   Snakes are coming out of their winter places and it's important to be on the look out for them.
 Last year, Leslie and Doug's precious Lulu Belle was bit by a snake as it crossed a path that they walked a lot.    They rushed Lulu to the emergency room and the vet was unable to save her (it's a long story, I won't go into it here, but it was awful).
 Mike, Jojo and Annabelle's dad, said they found this one crawling up their front steps.    I've had snakes try to come onto my screened porch in Florida when I lived there.   They can climb and go places we don't expect.
 Lulu was only 3 when she lost her life to a copperhead bite and I don't want another one to lose their life like she did.    Her mom said it was okay to post this blog-- she is still hurting from the loss of her little girl, but hopes this post will save at least one life.
Lulu will always be in their hearts-- but the pain is there, too.    I hope this blog will help us to be more watchful of these snakes that can injure our pets (and us!).    

2 comments:

lady jicky said...

I am so sorry for their loss.

We have a lot of very poisonous snakes here too.

A lot of dogs die with snake bites here.

When the weather heats up they (snakes) are on the run.
Please take care everyone.

Unknown said...

In the news about 2 weeks ago, Here in the Chesapeake area not far from my house, a huge Python was reported by several people. The authorities at first thought based on the witnesses reports it must have been a pet. But after looking for it for two days, they say they think it is a wild snake. Then they reported "it must have move on". That is what I am afraid of!!!! Where did it move on too??? my house ??? Scary.

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES