Friday, July 15, 2022

GIDGET ADOPTED

Look at this sweet face.
Yes, I love her.    But, I'm not the only one.
I knew keeping her meant I couldn't keep fostering.    I just had too many.   But, I can still love them.
So, she went to visit Amee.  Amee and I have known each other for a long time and I knew she would take care of "our" girl.   
Gidget met all Amee's girls and she's so laid back, she fit right in.
She is one of the sweetest Pekes I've fostered-- and Amee and Randy agreed.
Gidget liked the top of the couch-- and the coffee table.   She loved the top of my couch, but never got on my coffee table.  New lands to explore!  
She followed Amee from room to room.  She stayed close as Amee worked.   And at night, she slept above Amee's head, sharing the pillow.  💜
She took naps with her friends.   Letting Gidget go was tough.   I love that girl-- but I let Bogie go, too and wow, I loved him. (I love them all, but some find a way into a different part of your heart.) Fostering can be hard on the heart.  But, then you see them find love in a new home, and you know you were part of that journey.   
Gidget will get all the pampering she will ever need.  And I know one day, I'll visit her, but not too soon.   I need to be "that person who helped"-- not her mom.  Amee is that now.  And I'm so glad!  
Rescue saves-- being part of that is a gift.

1 comment:

LadyJicky said...

Oh what a mighty tail Ms Gidget has! \

Linda... it must be hard but you needed to do this and Amee will be a wonderful Mum!!!

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES