Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A POEM TO MY FOSTER DOG

 This poem is by Diane Morgan-- for all of us who foster......
 I am the bridge between what was and what can be.  
I am the pathway to a new life.     (Lily Kay above, foster)
I am made of mush
Because my heart melted when I saw you.  (Lily Kay above)
Matted and sore, limping, depressed
Lonely, unwanted, afraid to love.     (Felix above, foster dog)
For one little time you are mine,
I will feed you with my own hand...   (Felix above)
I will love you with my whole heart,
I will make you whole.    (Cici and Miki, foster dogs, adoptions pending)
I am made of steel,  (Cici)
Because when the time comes.... (Bailey, foster dog)
 When you are well and sleek,
when your eyes shine..   (Bubbles, foster dog)
.And your tail wags with joy,   (Jazzy Lee, foster dog)
Then comes the hard part.  (Jazzy Lee)
 I will let you go, but not without a tear... (Charlie above, foster)
But, without a regret... (Midnight with his new daddy-- adopted!)
 For you are safe forever.. (Pookie above, needs a foster or adoptive home)
 A new dog needs me now.    (Ladybug, foster, adoption pending)
Petey above (on the table-- BUSTED!) was one of my fosters.   He lives with Sugar now.   She was one of my fosters also, for a short time.    Thank you to all the foster moms and dads, who love, help, care and then are able to let go.   You are our strength in rescue!

1 comment:

lady jicky said...

Just lovely Linda!

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES