Wednesday, February 27, 2019

THE TEN MINUTE PEKE

 I have "only" Pekes in my house-- okay, Piper isn't a Peke, but he's cute and he was Paddington's best friend.  So, we made an exception. 
 Yesterday, my friend called me from a shelter I love working with. 
 A 9 month old AKC Standard Poodle had been turned in and they wanted to know if I knew a Poodle rescue.   My mind went into high gear.   (Okay, so my mind is in high gear a lot-- after all, Sugar Bit is here a lot haha.)
 I had a friend who had two beautiful Standard Poodles, so I called her to see if she knew anyone looking for one. 
 She was actually looking for a new one.  Her Bailey needed a friend.
 So, off we both went to the shelter.  We met Faith there.   
 Faith could only go to rescue, so guess what.  Faith became a Pekingese for ten minutes and then was adopted by my friend. 
 She met her new brother and sister.  And then off she went, to her new home. 
 I came back home, smiling because another dog had a new home.   My Max gave me a talking to.  He thought I was bringing a big dog home!  😀
 Piper was asking, "What were you thinking?"   LOL 
Paddington didn't care.  He just wanted to play with his toy.  It was a good rescue day! 

4 comments:

Lost Earring said...

OMG Love this story and The Ten Minute Peke is now a classic part of Potomac's history.

lady jicky said...

Better to be a Peke for only 10 mins than never be a Peke at all ! lol

So glad you found that beautiful Poodle a new home.

As they say Linda ...... "Job well done!"

Tracy said...

Thank you Linda!

Gracienoid said...

Great thinking so this beautiful dog could go to it's new home

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES