Friday, August 13, 2021

WOW. WHAT A RESCUE DAY

RESCUE DAYS
Thursday was a day.  Yesterday was even busier.  (No painting done either day!)  Paddington wanted everyone to know we had visitors.  
This one behind the gate is one of them.  But, that's not how the story began.  (Sissy is going the wrong way.)
Minnie came to visit.   She is a service dog for a friend of mine.  They came to visit.  Minnie alerts her mom to many things-- like migraines coming on, blood pressure drops, heart rate changes.  She's almost two years old and is amazing.   All the dogs here didn't phase her one bit.  
Paddington was his bad self at times, so he got to watch from the playpen aka time-out zone.  
He was held a lot, too.   Yes, that face can get him a lot of attention!  
We went outside and Minnie, the service dog, alerted us.  There was a dog in the creek area behind my house!   WHAT?    It's also snapping turtle area, so I put my boots on, and loaded up with treats to try to coax him into our yard.   With time, and patience, we actually succeeded!!  WOW.   
He was friendly, timid and scared.   I put him in the laundry room and posted his picture on Lost and Found Dogs in my area.  I immediately had a contact for a dog who had been lost for a week!  A week!  (There had been a car accident and he had escaped-- please tether or seat belt or crate your dogs in the car.)   I called the owner and she came right over to get him.   He had lost a lot of weight, but is safely home with his family.    The gang was very interested in him!
Except Paddington, of course.  LOL   (A blog is coming on Paddington's luxating patella.)  
Minnie was a hero for helping alert us!   I think I'm a hero for putting on boots to go into snapping turtle territory.  😂
The day wasn't over!  I received a message to help a 13 year old tiny Peke.  You'll hear more on her later.  (She is safely here, getting medical care.)   She's adorable and just needs help.  Maybe I can paint today.  

1 comment:

LadyJicky said...

Well Linda ..... when I read you are rescuing Snappy Turtles .... I will know you have "lost it" ! LOL


So glad the dog and his family are together ... oh one week!

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES