Sunday, January 17, 2010

THANK GOODNESS FOR DOGS

TODAY IS MY DAUGHTER'S BIRTHDAY, THE ONE WHO JUST HAD A BABY BOY. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I LOVE YOU!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I received this and thought it was great. I'm using pictures of Gloria's dogs (our former president, now our vice-president) so you can see how beautiful they are!

THANK GOODNESS FOR DOGS
Author Unknown

I have so much to be thankful for. I have wonderful friends and family, good food on the table and a roof over my head. I'm thankful for kind strangers, good neighbors and the beauty of nature.
But most of all, I am thankful for dogs.
I am thankful for the wake-up call of a cold, wet nose and for snuggling to keep warm on chilly nights. I am blessed by the fur that is permanently embedded in everything I own and the stray dog hairs that make their way into my lunch.
I am grateful for having a third of the bed to sleep on, for getting to use half of the covers, for the tail that wags and the nose that sniffs, for the eyes that gaze longingly at my dinner plate, and for the jaws that destroy all squeakers, but never harm people.
I'm beholden to the "tic, tic, tic" sound of paws on the floor reminding me that a nail trim is due and the forgiveness after the dreaded task is done. I appreciate the barking that tells me a stranger is at the door and even the barking that warns of potential danger from squirrels and pedestrians.
For endless games of fetch, Frisbee and tug-o-war, for kibble-scented kisses and funky smelling feet and for coming when called (usually), for all this, I am glad.
For the excited greeting upon my return, even if I've only been gone for a minute, the sheer glee of puppies to the patience and wisdom of seniors, and the unconditional love and affection, especially on my darkest days, for making me feel as if I am the most special, I am thankful to my dog.
Linda

2 comments:

lady jicky said...

Happy birthday to your daughter and what a trio of beautiful pekes!

Karin said...

What a beautiful post and so true, our furry buddies sure do give us a lot to be thankful for.
Happy Birthday to your daughter, and congratulations on the new baby!

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES