Wednesday, November 6, 2019

LUNA

Luna came to us after she had a back injury.  It could have been as simple as jumping off a couch.
Pekes' backs can be long (like a Dachshund, which I know is surprising!).   They are prone to back issues, so it's important not to let them jump-- easier said than done!
She is only 3 years old and has been to the neurologist.  She did not recommend surgery, but gave us some exercises that will strengthen her back and legs.
She is going to see a physical therapist to see if there are more things we can do to help her future be happy and well.
For now, she is in a foster home in N. Va. with Georgia and her two boys.
Luna enjoys walks and rides in the stroller with her foster brothers.
She loves to curl up with them.
She's so good with the vet.
Life is great for her, but we are looking for a forever home that can love her as much as we do.  💜  IF you are interested, please fill out an application.  Potomac Valley Pekingese Club - Online Application adopt

2 comments:

Lost Earring said...

What a beautiful little girl Luna is and I'm hoping she finds a loving forever home soon.

LadyJicky said...

Oh that Luna is super sweet Linda.

You must be so careful with Peke's backs. I have never let my dogs jump up on couches, beds etc.
I also give my dogs Joint Guard..... it has Glucosamine Hydrochloride 500 mg
Purified Sodium Chondroitin Sulphate 250 mg

Also contains MSM, manganese gluconate, calcium ascorbate (Vit C), zinc, copper, vitamin E

I really think it made my Coco's back ,that was badly injured much better and now I give this to Yum Yum for his bones too.
Worth a try.

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES