Saturday, November 9, 2019

YOGI-- WELCOME TO RESCUE

 Meet Yoda aka Yogi. 
 We wish we knew his past.  He was in a shelter in Maryland.
 He was taken in by another rescue, and after about three weeks, she asked if we would take him.   She was used to big dogs and he was a little Peke.  And she just wasn't sure what to do with him.
 So, I asked Mr. Rooney's dad, "Could you help?"   Mr. Rooney aka Andy is my Minnie's son.  (They came into rescue about a year and a half ago.)
 Yogi was scared.   He did not feel well at all.
 His records showed his weight used to be 15.8 pounds and he was now 11.2 pounds-- a huge loss.
 He was so sick-- we found out he has pneumonia and needs recovery time.  He went right to the vet before even going home to Jamie's.   He was coughing so much, so Jamie hand fed him to get him to eat.   He is relaxing and realizing he is safe now.   He is still in isolation so he hasn't met Mr. Rooney yet, but he will.  Yogi is only 6 years old, so on the young side.
We have taken in SO many dogs in the last few weeks.   We will try to get them all up on the web site and hopefully find them forever homes soon.   Welcome to rescue, Yogi.   We love you already.

5 comments:

LadyJicky said...

Oh Linda ..... I would love to have Yogi .... he is so cute and so scared.

Yogi is in the Best of hands now !!! Relax and get well.

* Yes... so many dogs at the moment. I am doing my full- on Adoption Dance right now!!! We need to find some great homes!!!

Unknown said...

Yogi is so very like my special love Sasha, who died a couple of years ago from cancer...I still miss her. Would love to have Yogi in my home

Lost Earring said...

Seeing Yogi's face reminds of how my Bandit looked when we first got him. He was rescued and stayed with a foster who had no children because Bandit was frightened too death by children who tormented him in his original home and kept outside in a dog house.

Hopes and prayers for Yogi that he will recover and have a real home and a loving adopters.

Laura said...

Would love to have yogi! I lost my Pekingese my love last August! I would give yogi all the love he needs!

JoAnne Marie Denison said...

where is Yogi and how old is he? Beautiful dog!

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES