Wednesday, July 14, 2021

MINNIE WANTS ATTENTION

Minnie is my little ptsd girl.  She likes to know where I am, but she doesn’t want to be handled.  
My grandson and I always read before bedtime.  He saw Minnie seeking attention.  
So, he put her on the bed.  This was very unusual.  In fact, Minnie has never asked for this. 
She kept wanting to be close. 
So, we kept rubbing her back. 
I put my face to hers, and she kept sniffing me.  Over and over.   Again, this is not like her at all. 
Minnie is 16.  She’s had a few seizures, but months apart.   She seems to be in good health.   So why did she do something so unusual for her?    
I don’t know.  But, we gave her attention and let her hang out until she wanted back down.  Then, she curled up in her bed and went to sleep.   She was content.  She knew she was loved. 💖
 

2 comments:

LadyJicky said...

Looks like Minnie is coming out of her shell ? Perhaps.

Lost Earring said...

I have grown to understand my little PTSD guy and it has taken over 5 years. Back in November 2020 I had a bad fall and instead of hiding as he usually did when there's chaos, he rushed to my side and tried to prevent the medics from getting near me. Hubs had to lock him away because he was determined to stand them off. When I was released from the hospital 6 days later, he made a little resting place by my hospital bed and even wanted to sleep on my bed, something he had never done before.

We have no real idea what his age is except our vet believes he's around 8 or 9 years old.

Your little one needed to express her love and then settled down to sleep.

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES