Saturday, April 6, 2024

WELCOME SNOW PEA

I received a text from a shelter near me.  There was an inured “Pekingese” there. Could we help? 
When they sent the picture, I saw it wasn’t a Peke.  But it was a close relative. (I’ll keep telling myself that.) . So I messaged some of the board members.  There were no other groups who could take her.   This little 12 pounder had a serious leg injury and the shelter vet was doing all she could.  
I had texted my vet and she said to bring her as soon as I got her. After an exam, they bathed and shaved all the awful mats off her.  Then a bath.  (That’s not dirt- it’s just stain in the sink,)
Flea dirt and months or years of dirt were gone.  Then I drove her to the main clinic for medical boarding.) 
Snow Pea is receiving laser wound treatment.  Here she is.  All ready!  They all wear doggles to protect eyes during the treatment.  She was so good. 
I’ll be picking her up soon. She’s healing nicely. 
I’ll have more information soon.  She’s going to continue getting care and then will be available.   Welcome to a new life Snow Pea. 🩷

1 comment:

LadyJicky said...

Oh how delicate Ms Snow Pea is !
Very pretty and so glad you got her Linda as I bet she will be so popular and people will want to adopt her.
Just with the bath I bet she is feeling better.

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES