Friday, March 23, 2012

PEACHES

I had the pleasure of helping this tiny girl. Her name is Peaches. She was in a shelter for two months. Her chances of being adopted were getting smaller and smaller. She is about 6 years old and very sweet.I checked around. I could get her if I had a place for her to go. She's a Peke-Shih-Tzu mix. I wanted to help her.As things sometimes happen, a previous adopted emailed me the same day saying she wanted to add a dog to her family. SO, I sent her a picture of Peaches.She said yes! I took Peaches to the vet and she was so good. But, she was only 8.5 pounds!! Way too thin. She needs to be at least ten pounds. That doesn't sound like a lot, but a few pounds on a small dog IS a lot.I took Peaches to her new home. She loves her new doggy sister, Samantha. She loves playing with the monkey toy and burying her face in it.She loves her new mom and dad and most of all, she loves to sleep in bed with them at night. I love being part of a "door to door" rescue. It sometimes happens and it's wonderful!!

3 comments:

lady jicky said...

I am so happy for Peaches!
Life must be wonderful for her now :)

cby said...

YAY! Peaches is adorable.

Toni Davis said...

Peaches is just the most adorable and sweetest. She rode the approximately 2.5 hours sitting in the passenger front seat. She was full of manners. Her tail was going every time she was spoken to. She loved my 3 yr old "Bit" and I put her in a playpen when we got home until I could take her to Linda the next morning and she just settled down and never made a peep. She was house broken. But she sure was skin and bones. Loved to give kisses. Such a sweetheart!!!

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES