Monday, January 31, 2022

THE FACES OF RESCUE

I asked you on facebook which dogs you remembered most.   Which ones were the face of rescue.  Starlight was up there.
So was Potomac Valley Louie, who came to us with injured eyes.  He was a puppy, and lost both eyes, but what a life he has had.   That was in 2011, and so he must be almost 11 now.  
So many remembered Blossom.   She came to me with an injured leg.   
She was adopted by Michelle and loved to the end of her life.
Lexie-- she was so critical when I got her.   It turned out she had IMHA.  My first dog with that.
Oh, how I loved her.    She was so precious.  
Kenobi's time was so brief-- but what an impact he made.
Bogie captured so many hearts.    Mine included.
Floyd- with Starlight.
Floyd was precious, quiet, deaf, sweet-- so many loved him.    We didn't really know his age.  He was just a beautiful little presence in our home.
Minnie-- another quiet one.  
She was my girl.
Kai Kai-- so many loved him, but he was my heart.   
I could hold him, and bury my face in his fur and feel peace.  My boy.
Elvis was another mentioned.   He came to us as a very serious dog.   We thought he had a tumor.
He had surgery and his stomach was full of anything he could eat-- sticks, rocks, metal.  He recovered and lived a long life.  
Clara captured so many hearts.   I loved her so much.
She was 8 pounds of sweetness.
She was with me about a year.  A brain tumor took her, but the love remained.  
BeeBee and Nala-- my two IMHA sisters.   We really thought we'd beat the disease, but we didn't.  So many welcomed them at the Rainbow Bridge.
They were such a  loving pair.
L
Of all the mentions I got, there was one "face of rescue."   So many mentioned Starlight.  She was with us over ten years.  She was so loving with us, she adored the grandkids, but strangers would told off in no uncertain terms.  11 pounds of pure spirit.  
So, I decided that Starlight was "Our Face of Rescue."   It's not official, but I think it's still true.  💜

1 comment:

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES