Friday, January 7, 2022

GIDGET AND ROCKY

Before Christmas, I received a call from a shelter I work with.  Two Pekes had just come in. 
I was told Rocky was 14 years old.   
He was afraid and he couldn’t hear me.  
I was told he had some bad stuff in his past, so I went slow.  He was confused. 
Gidget was an instant love.  She is 9 years old.  But, everything was new.  Scary.  Their owner had cancer, and probably hadn’t been able to care for them for awhile.   They’ve had their medical done and Rocky had a dental.  Gidget is on seizure medicine.  (We were told she had seizures but no medicine came w her.  She had two seizures and is now on meds.)
They wanted to be with me ALL THE TIME.  
If I was upstairs, they were upstairs.  If I was downstairs, they came downstairs. 
Rocky flinched when he was touched.  But, he began to trust me.  He began to smile. 
Since he can’t hear, I made sure to have eye contact before I did anything.  
He’s come a long way.  I can pet him and get close.  He just needed time. 
Gidget is a clinger.  She has to be close.   She would NOT sleep in the playpen.  She screamed. She now sleeps on the pillow above my head.   She yells when I leave, so they need someone who likes to be home.   If you like vacations where she can’t go, it won’t work.   They can’t be in an apartment or condo- neighbors would not like her voice. 🤣.  They need someone who just wants two precious little ones to love and be home with.  
They are doing fine here. They do well with the rest.   Paddington has only fussed at Rocky a few times. Haha.  Sometimes, they leave me room on the couch.  We get cosy. 🤣❤️
 

1 comment:

LadyJicky said...

I am doing my Adoption Dance for a very special owner for the two - Gidget and Rocky.

They are so sweet but they do need someone who spends a lot of time home... with them!

Doing a slow dance right now.

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES