Tuesday, April 26, 2022

POLLEN AND PEKINGESE

The oak trees are putting out their massive amounts of oak pollen.   Sissy is not amused.  
She brings those swirly things in on her tail, her ears....
Piper is trimmed shorter, but his ears catch some of it.   
There are things that might help if they are reacting.
I finger comb them as I bring them in.  It gets some of it.
This is Zoey's tail AFTER I have removed a lot of it.  Her tail is like velcro!
Seriously!   I can barely see her tail for all the pollen attached. 
You can wipe their paws-- I just use baby wipes with aloe on them.   I sweep the porch steps EVERY time we go out.  But, the pollen is all over.  
If your dog gets pollen reactions on their skin, you can use aloe vera to soothe it.  Coconut oil is good, too.    I've used benadryl (small dose/usually 1/2 a pill for 15 pound dogs) and it can help.   There are also allergy shots like cytopoint which can make a big difference during this season.   It lasts 4-6 weeks.   I've had dogs on this and it has made a big difference.   

https://www.petmd.com/

This can be a miserable time for dogs-- and people-- if they are reacting to the pollen.  The good news is that most of it will be short term.  Thank goodness!!  

Zoey still thinks it's fun to smell the flowers-- or clover-- this time of year.  I'd just prefer she not bring it inside.  

1 comment:

LadyJicky said...

Oh my gosh that is a lot of pollen and Peke fur is just like velcro like you said!
I guess you cannot just chop those trees down???

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES