Monday, August 21, 2023

FAREWELL MY SISSY

Sissy came into rescue with the Potomac Six in November of 2020.  
She was confused but her life was about to be so much better.  
She and Bogie were adopted together before Christmas.  But they were returned in early January.   They said Sissy just sat at the window, waiting for me to come back.   💔.   I found a home for Bogie but Sissy stayed.  She needed to stay here.  I guess she decided she had been through enough change. 
She was a quiet sweet member of our home.  
Tuk Tuk adored her.  
Did he think she was his mama?   She was definitely the mama dog here.  She let all the dogs know if they were out of line.   They never were but she was still the boss.  ❤️. If the others walked too close to her bed, she let them know.  She never bit them, but they knew who was in charge. 
Sissy was so docile w me.  She didn’t have a mean bone in her body.  She let me hold her like a baby.  
She would curl up next to me at night. 
I have beds all over the house.  I didn’t realize how many she used until she died.  So many are unused now.  It makes the loss of her more profound.  
Sissy had a bad seizure five months ago.  She was 14-15 and I knew it meant she probably had a brain tumor.  (Epilepsy begins at a younger age.).   
She went on a trip w me so I could watch her carefully.  
She wasn’t a great traveler- it scared her.  Was she afraid I’d leave her?   
I never would have.  She was my girl.  Happy.  Smiling. 
She began having micro seizures and lost bladder control.  Little fluffy butt diapers helped. 
She was better as long as I was close.  
She was having seizures every two weeks.  Then they got closer.  The four meds helped but didn’t eliminate them. 
Most of the time, she was fine. She ate well, was loving.  She was such a good girl. 
But then, she had a little seizure. And then she began having seizure after seizure.  I texted my vet and she was waiting.   I had given emergency meds here, she got more at the vet.  And more.  But the brain tumor must have grown and there was nothing that could stop them.   It was time.  
Sissy was a wonderful and loyal friend.  I was so lucky to have loved her almost three years.  She was my girl.   I miss you, little one.  Run free. 💖


1 comment:

LadyJicky said...

oh Linda.... big hugs to you and your family for you will all miss Sissy for she was a small cute Pekingese BUT .... she had a Big personality and I feel she ran your home ! lol
Those are the dogs we miss the most .
Hugs XXX

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES