Monday, August 14, 2023

WELCOME AUGUST “AUGGIE”

We received an email Saturday evening asking for help.  
This little one was a stray and had been in the shelter since the end of July.  No one had claimed him. 
He was in my area, through the tunnel, so I had a Sunday adventure. 
I picked him up and I put a seat belt leash on him.  The shelter said he didn’t like cages, so we didn’t use it.  He loved watching out the window. 
I had called my vet and they were able to see him.  I love my vet.  (Acredale Animal Hospital in Virginia Beach.) We arrived and we went to a room since I didn’t know if he was contagious.  We just sat on the floor waiting our turn.  😃. It gave me time to get to know him. 
He’s very sweet- and he’s not a Peke. He’s s Japanese Chin.  I messaged my Chin friend Gayle.  She told me how they differ from Pekes in temperament. I knew some of the physical differences. 
He is one sweet dog.  The vet tech helping us trimmed his excessive mats off.   He looked so much better!!  His skin is a mess but we already had all his tests and now  have special meds to help him.  
Bath time!   Special shampoo had to stay in awhile.  He was fine!!  So easy to work with. 
I just kept talking and massaging.   It must have felt so good. 
His skin already looked better. 
I sat w him before heading to bed.  He’s isolated from mine to make sure he’s healthy.  We walked in the front yard by himself and he did great w the leash. He will need to be neutered.  His teeth are pretty good!   He’s only 3-5 years old. A young one!   Welcome to rescue August “Auggie!”   We’re so glad to have you. ❤️

1 comment:

LadyJicky said...

Japanese Chins are so beautiful and I am sure he will find a good home.

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES