Saturday, June 20, 2009

STARLIGHT AND MAX

At my house, there are multiple Pekingese. I've had "THE FIVE" for a long time now. (My Scooterbug and Cranberry, Starlight, Max and Maggie) Starlight has been here over 16 months-- she just refused to be adopted. She became her "baby cujo" self and no one adopted her. (She would have adjusted in a short time and become the most faithful dog ever, but no one could get past the "ugly self" that she portraited.) Then Max and Maggie came. Here's Max and Starlight taking a nap together.
It's nice and peaceful most of the time.
But now, Starlight and Max have a toy conflict going on. Whenever Max gets near Starlight, she leaps and barks and just makes a racket! She doesn't want his toy-- she just wants to yell! Look at this face-- does she LOOK like she would do that? I can tell she's claiming her innocence!
And here's sweet Max. With his ball in his mouth-- very normal. He has realized that when he gets close to Starlight, she raises a ruckus. Can you just see his tail wagging-- he KNOWS she is under that desk!
He intentionally goes near her now to get her to bark. She's hiding under the desk and he's getting closer.
He just eggs her on.

So what does she do??? She goes to her Daddy. He'll tell her how wonderful she is.
She has him wrapped right around her little paws.
So there-- you can just see her saying that, can't you!!
Starlight-- you're a mess!

5 comments:

Pekiegirl said...

Yes, my Yoshi is just like Starlight! This morning I asked my husband to let the dogs out so I could sleep in. But no, Yoshi went under the bed and growled at him, and made such a ruckus, that I had to get up. He can be so sweet with his Mom, and so ugly with his Dad. I just call him my bi-polar pup!

Jeanne said...

Our first rescue peke, Paul was just like this too....Everyone one wanted to pick him up and hug him but you might be missing a part of your face if you did. He made us laugh all the time. We loved him just the way he was.....:)Thank goodness DiDi our new peke is a love bug......

Karin said...

I can relate to the "bi-polar" dog comment:) Mocha (we are his 3rd home) once grabbed onto my husband's pant leg when he first came to live with us. He's a big sweetie now, but still doesn't like small children or other dogs ~ he used to lunge at the TV barking when kids were being rowdy on television and when he meets a new dog he sniffs noses and then unexpectedly bites their face, no matter their size.

lady jicky said...

I think Starlight is telling you "I am staying!!" Linda.

I remember when Lulu was a "*issed off Peke" - you did not mess with her in that mood! LOL

The Hoot-Owl Harangue said...

awww! Starlight is sooo beautiful! She seems like such a sweetie!

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES