Friday, December 3, 2021

ABIGAIL AND THE VET

Abigail is visiting this week.  She is 9.5 pounds of sweetness.  She has the biggest eyes.  Beautiful. 💖. 
I’ve been watching to see if she needs to go back to the vet and yesterday, she did. 
I’m so fortunate to have great vets in my area.  I’ve worked w them for a few decades.  I called the ophthalmologist because I was very concerned about her eyes.  She was there Monday w her mom but her eyes weren’t better.  I’m a “frequent flier” at the ophthalmologist office and they took us right away.  Her eye meds were changed and some cultures were taken.   
Then we went to my regular vet (which is also Abigails vet).   They had this on the counter.  Made me smile.   While I waited, a little boy was talking to me.  Grand moms attract children I guess haha.  He was dancing and talking and asking questions.   You never know who you will see at the vet, or what you will hear and this 3 year old was cracking me up.  He innocently told me that his mom “had boobie surgery,” 🤣🤣. The look on his moms face was hysterical as she rushed to tell me why she had it and all she was doing to feel better. 😳.  It was okay. I guess the vet waiting room is a safe place to open up.  I wasn’t bored. 🤣
We got ear meds and new skin meds.  And through it all, Abigail was so good!!   I need to do warm compresses as often as I can.   We need to soften the area so we can keep it  draining, so that she won’t need a drain put in.   Abigail is so good and I know it’s not comfortable for her.  She’s such a tiny trooper.   
We got home after four hours and she took a nap. And then, there she was at the board to the playroom where I have her set up.  (My dogs won’t go over this board and it’s so easy to step over.). The eye drops must have been working already.   I think her eyes felt better. ❤️❤️
I hope today is even better for her and that she makes progress and feels better.  She is so precious.  
 

1 comment:

LadyJicky said...

Oh Abigail you were so good at the doctors ... I just know Santa will be visiting you as you have been "A Good Girl" !!!

Hear that Yum Yum ???? LOL

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES