Friday, December 10, 2021

OUR HOME AT CHRISTMAS

If you've known me awhile, you know I LOVE CHRISTMAS!
The house gets turned over, things are put away, Christmas things are brought out.
This Christmas bed was a gift.  
The playroom/my office (former living room) has two blue-lit trees.   In my childhood, my mom always did a blue lit tree and put my grandmother's home made snow on it.  I've continued this tradition.  (I had an extra small tree and just added it there.)
The home made snow was put on the family room tree, too.   
Even the giraffe was dressed up.
My family room tree has memory ornaments on it.  Also memory ornaments of dogs I've had.  Putting it up brings heart smiles.  Children's ornaments, home made items are all added, year after year.  
My mom made these and they go on the steps each year.  Children are still in our home, so this will continue.  
Sugar Bit is in first grade and has always loved playing with the letters.  
She loves the movable manger scenes, too.
My piano has a Christmas blanket on it with some of my dogs and family pictures.
The stairway is decorated with Matt's and my stockings.
The manger scene my kids made when they were in preschool still holds a place of honor in the playroom.  And bears are decorated.   
Sugar Bit was helping put the snow on with a spatula-- don't want scratched hands from the branches.
More letters to move around.
The porch was decorated, too.  I had another extra tree so I put it there.  Christmas flags are there, too.   The HOPE sign is there all year.
I've shared the story of the Christmas star in the playroom.   My family got it when we lived in the Philippines for four years.  I found it after my mom passed away.  It was in her attic and it was like finding a golden treasure.  It means so much to me.   My mom made Christmas magical, and is part of my heart.
My grandmother's china cabinet is decorated.   Another treasure for me.   I never met her, but feel her in me.   She died before I was born, but her picture is in my office.
St. Nicholas blankets and figure decorate the playroom.  
Of course, the fireplace has lights/candles on it.
Joy is there.
The dog playpen has a festive blanket.    (This is Paddington's time out zone when life is hard for him-- sometimes he just needs a quiet place for a few minutes.)  I also use it for dogs who are new, or who need to eat alone.
The Bits' room have Christmas spreads.
Zoey has a Christmas dress-- and other festive sweaters to share with her friends.
The dining room has a quilt top that my sister made.  It comes out every year.  
Paddington hangs out with the Christmassy blanket and pillow.  
Christmas signs...
Snowmen, and Christmas quilts (made for one of our auctions)...
My daughter's piano is here, too (it was my mom's) and it has the manger scene my first husband gave me.   It's very old and a treasure.  
Angels decorate the front hall.
All the regular dishes are put away--
Only Christmas dishes are used this time of year.  
Wreaths are all over, inside and out.
The bathroom is decorated for guests.  Christmas is everywhere.  
For us, Christmas is a time of faith and a time of magical moments.   We hope yours is, too.  🎄🎄


 

1 comment:

LadyJicky said...

Oh Linda ..... your home with all the Christmas decorations are just beautiful !!!

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES