Saturday, February 17, 2024

FAREWELL MY DEAR FRIEND KAY--

I first met Kay and Claretta years ago when they applied to adopt a Pekingese from us.   

It began a friendship of over a decade. .  Kay and Claretta met while in college and became sisters of the heart.   They both loved Pekingese-- and Dobies and had both for a long time.  The Dobies thought they were Pekingese and the Pekingese thought they were Dobies.   
The became very involved in our rescue and then took over all our record keeping and board meetings.   They could keep the board members on track.   All of us love working with each other.   (We all have a huge heart for these little dogs.)   It takes a special person to be able to keep us all organized and they had the gift to do that.   
Kay and Claretta loved to take vacations at the beach and took at least one Pekingese with them.    It was part of their spring plans.  
Kay had the best sense of humor.  We messaged each other almost daily.  I could share my heart with them, my deepest hurts and joys.   They always listened.    Kay could fire something back to one of my messages and it got me laughing.   I often said they were my voice of reason in rescue.    
Kay went into the hospital 2 weeks ago.   She hadn't felt well for several days.   She was quickly admitted and had constant medical care.    But, all of it failed and on Valentine's Day, she passed away.   Claretta lost her very best friend.   I lost a sweet friend and am still reeling as so many are.   Kay was one of our steady rocks in the rescue.   We will be getting together to discuss how we will move forward.   But, there is a huge hole in rescue now.   We want to be there for Claretta who is so special to us.   
Kay died on Valentines Day.  Maybe it was because Kay had the biggest heart. I will miss my friend.   In the morning if something happens I want to message her.   She heard my stories on grandkids and daughters and foster dogs.  I hope Kay is playing with all the dogs she loved-- and so many that they fostered.   She had a huge heart for rescue and that was reflected in everything she did.   I'll miss Kay for a very long time.  
Here is her obituary: 
 https://www.forbisanddick.com/m/obituaries/Kay-Seaton-2/Memories

2 comments:

LadyJicky said...

I send my deepest condolences to Claretta and all the Peke rescue members for Kay will be so missed for her friendship, help and kindness in making the rescue function and run smoothly and just being a great mate to everyone .
Love and prayers,
from the Aussies.

Lily Ensign said...

My heartfelt thoughts and prayers to Claretta and the many friends and the family.

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES