Monday, February 12, 2024

RESCUED! DOGS IN NEED

Last week, I received a message asking for help.  
The message came from this area.   In West Virginia.  
A road trip would be needed and people volunteered.  
Six small dogs had been dumped from a car.  Could we help?   It was out of our rescue area.   But, the animal control there was unable to help.   No other rescue was stepping up.  
It was in the mountains, and it snowed, and it was cold!
Below freezing cold. And these six dogs were small and had no shelter.   The lady who messaged me was putting food out for them, but the dogs stayed away from her.  They would need to be lured to a kennel.    The woman who messaged us was willing to do whatever was needed.  
She took pictures of her back yard at night.   Yes, that's a coyote.   How were these dogs surviving?
There were bears.   These dogs had no chance.   Some pictures she sent showed they were "Pekey" so we said yes.  
Six people were involved in transport.    The dogs were covered with ticks, they needed help.  They are all at my vet now.   I didn't have time to make a "Plan" so first, we got the dogs.   My vet techs and vets are so awesome.   I will need foster homes for six.   One really needs a friend.  She is very timid.   All the dogs were probably discarded from a back yard breeder.  The oldest is about 2, and the younger ones are anywhere from 6-7 months and up.    They need very secure foster homes, because I believe they would run if a door was open.   Let me know if you are interested.  Our foster homes must be  in Virginia or Maryland.   A foster application would need to be approved.   (I have another rescue who might take a few, but right now, the priority was to get them safe.)

2 comments:

LadyJicky said...

To do that with bears around etc...... that person needs to go to jail !!!

Just despicable !

Anonymous said...

I wish i wasnt so far away i could take the little girl. I have Pekes and love them. I have one 14 1/2 years old as he lost his littermate dec 29th to heart failure. They were both rescues also, Have fenced yard a good vet and lots of patience. Thank you so much for saving these babies, dont know how they made it with the snow bear and coyotes, You earn your wings everyday Thank you

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES