Wednesday, March 6, 2024

RESCUE MAMA BEAR

 I’m like a Mama Bear about our fosters and for my foster parents.  I am protective and do my best (with the rescue committee of course) to find the best homes we can for our foster dogs.  

Kai Kai was mine.   He came as a foster and I just loved him.  We only got one application for him and it said "I have a tree in the back yard."  What?   Did he plan to leave him outside??  
Kai Kai was never adopted-- well, he was.  BY ME.   We had so much fun with him-- he was my heart.   After he lost both eyes (four eye surgeries), I put a kids' helmet on him and told my kids "I can't see."    Kai Kai didn't mind a bit-- he just loved attention.   He had a stroke, but recovered.  I loved that boy-- and yes, I was a Mama Bear with him.  
The West Virginia 6 came to us in February.   A picture of Ginger on the mountain made me protective of her and we didn't even have her yet.   
Her sister, Sable, tiny and sweet.   Yes, I wanted her safe, too.  
Even getting them ready to go to their foster homes.   We checked everyone out, and they were on their way to foster homes-- It hurt to see them drive off.  But, I can't foster them all.   And it's now better to let others do it.  My schedule is busier as I've gotten older-- I thought it was supposed to be the opposite.  
Piper (and Paddington) came into rescue five years ago.  Wow.   Cinnamon came to us in December.    My husband wanted to keep Piper and Paddington.   He'd never asked before.  Oh, he fell in love.  
Barty wasn't my foster-- he was my daughter's.   But, he was my granddog so I wanted him to have the best care.  Yep, Mama Bear.  
Granger, my granddog, was a PVPC foster.   He came into rescue 8 years ago.   My daughter fostered him, and he never left.   I kept track of his care until she adopted him.   It's what we do for all of them.  
Yes, I'm a Mama Bear-- to my daughters, to my grandkids and for all our foster dogs.   I want to help and protect and do all I can to make sure all is safe.   I guess I'll always be that way.  
🐻


2 comments:

LadyJicky said...

Oh yes .... many of us here are Mumma Bears and ..... you don't mess with us !!!! lol

Sandy Porter Simmons said...

Yes and you have done an amazing thing for these precious pekes! Thank you! I lost touch with this group. I lost my sweet peke Sasha Louise in 2016 at the age of 19 1/2.

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES