Saturday, October 16, 2010

TO GOD FROM THE DOG

TO: GOD
FROM: THE DOG
(This is Suet-Suet. He's so cute and his parents are taking a trip to the beach this week-end. I can't wait to have more pictures of him!)
Dear God: Is it on purpose our names are the same, only reversed? (This is my Cranberry-- totally bored with me having rescue dogs around. I think she is disgusted, which goes along with her temperament. I love her, but she can be a bit of a pill haha.)
Dear God: Why do humans smell the flowers, but seldom, if ever, smell one another. (This is Coco/Coco Puff. She's my new foster dog. I'll be doing a blog on her soon.)
Dear God: When we get to heaven, can we sit on your couch? Here's Coco Puff again. She has a big belly band on to keep her from scratching her spay staples.)
Dear God: Why are there cars named after the jaguar, the cougar, the mustang, the colt, the stingray, and the rabbit, but not ONE named for a Dog? How often do you see a cougar riding around? We do love a nice ride! Would it be so hard to rename the 'Chrysler Eagle' the 'Chrysler Beagle'? (This is Starlight-- one of my Pekes. She loves the pink bed-- but look at it! This is not how it is normally used.)
Dear God: We Dogs can understand human verbal instructions, hand signals, whistles, horns, clickers, beepers, scent ID's, electromagnetic energy fields, and Frisbee flight paths. What do humans understand? (This is what the pink bed looks like after Starlight gets off it-- why does she fold it over!!?? It's a mystery.)
Dear God: Are there mailmen in Heaven? If there are, will I have to apologize? (These are flowers that Essie picked in her huge yard-- she lives in the S.W. part of Virginia now and I know it's beautiful there! She's Bernie's mom-- our Peke hero this week.)
Dear God: Let me give you a list of just some of the things I must remember to be a Good Dog. (This is Cindy-- we thought we had a forever home for her, but it fell through. She's still looking for that home. If you are interested in her or another one of our fosters, please email us at potomacpekes@gmail.com)
I will not roll on dead seagulls, fish, crabs, etc., just because I like the way they smell. (Look at this sweet, happy face!! Believe it or not, this is Brandy-- one of the Bristol 18. She has gained SIX POUNDS, and it looks great on her. She was SO THIN. Now, she runs and plays and smiles and is looking for her own forever home.)
The sofa is not a 'face towel.' (This is Forrest the Peke and Smokey the Shih Tzu-- I've put them on petfinder to help another foster mom-- they are a very bonded pair.)
The Litter Box is not a cookie jar. (This is sweet Caleb-- how could this face be "naughty!")
The garbage collector is not stealing our stuff. (Here are my Starlight and Scooter in the car. We visit kids and grandkids sometimes and the dogs are used to riding. Starlight doesn't look a bit comfortable! But, she is.)
The cat is not a 'squeaky toy' so when I play with him and he makes that noise, it's usually not a good thing. (I love this picture. Katrina and Ju Li's foster parents sent it to me-- the dogs are all out for an autumn day. They were in the front so they were all in the xpen, except for Ju Li who was in the crate. They loved being out in the sun! Ju Li and Katrina are wonderful-- separately they get along with all the dogs. Together, they become a pack and can gain up on the rest. They can be adopted together, but best if no other dogs are in the house unless a docile one. They can be adopted separately also.)
I must shake the rainwater out of my fur before entering the house - not after. (This is Amelia and Paddy/Paddington-- they are great friends now-- can't get much closer than this!!)
I don't need to suddenly stand straight up when I'm under the coffee table (Here is Anna in NY with Willie Wonton and Suzie Q-- they were all having a snuggly time in the morning. They were near the Canadian border, for a writing project her husband is working on. She said the fall weather was gorgeous! Butters and Bucky at home with Grandma, running in the yard and getting spoiled!)
And this picture is a favorite-- it was probably photo-shopped, but it's still stunning. It shows how much God (and us, too) love these Pekes. Okay, that's my interpretation of the picture-- but it fits!!

You know how I love stories of God's creatures and their resiliency. Here's one my sister sent me and I thought you'd enjoy it. It's of a baby hummingbird. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7xBLvMIBZU

4 comments:

lady jicky said...

You know Linda, I love your Cranberry . Yeah the girl has "attitude" but - I am like that somedays too :)

* If Cindy doesn't get a home real soon I will faint in shock for she is a real cutie!!!!

Love that heart in the sea :)

emilyp said...

I love the pictures in this post..I love all the Pekes!!!It just makes me want another one, lol.

Fiona Ross said...

Hugs to all the rescuers and fosters!

CrisL09 said...

I adore this Dear God letter and the pics with the stories to accompany it! I think my husband and the pups think I may have gone off the deep end because I was reading it and laughing out loud the other night.

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES