Sunday, October 31, 2010

Dog O'Lanterns

People dress up their dogs for Halloween in our country. I know it's not big in Australia as Lady Jicky told me. But, here some pets get all dolled up! I think making a dog wear an alligator is just cruel though. :-)
You almost can't see the dog in this picture! He's there, honest!
Can this little Dachshund really balance all the weight of this costume.
Now I can see the Dachshund in this pumpkin.
I bet there is candy in that basket-- or did the dogs eat it all.
Yes, this beautiful Shepherd must have posed to get his picture carved in the pumpkin.
I see Mr. Beagle in this one. Someone is very talented!
And here's a happy..... um, is this a Weimeraner? I can tell a Pekingese, but some I am just not sure of.
This is a Schnauzer-- I know it!
It's a boxer-- I had one of these as a child. Loved that dog. He was great--
I've never had a poodle, but a friend has one that is a therapy dog to go into hospitals to cheer up patients.
It's a pug-- the Peke cousin! It's like a Peke without hair. Pugs are great dogs, too.
And some of my friends have Chihuahuas. One time, my husband saw one advertised in the classified section of the paper. He said, "It's a Hawaiian dog-- a "Chi-Hua-Hua". I laughed myself silly.
And last, but most important-- the Pekingese! I may have chosen a different costume-- you know, like a Fairy Princess. :-) But, this one sure is cute! I know Amee is dressing her dogs up for Halloween, so maybe we'll get some more pictures. Send them on!

3 comments:

lady jicky said...

Linda - I am so excited !!!

I had one little boy from over the road trick and treat me!!!!

Its raining like crazy and its dark outside (about 8 at night right now ) - he was with his Dad and a umbrella! Luckly I had some sweets so he was very happy but .... HE GOT TRICKED!!!
YES - KENZO BURST THROUGH OUR HALL DOOR AND BEFORE I KNEW IT HE BURST THROUGH THE FLYWIRE DOOR AND JUMPED UP ON THE LITTLE BOY WHO GOT A SHOCK! THEN, MOI MOI BURSTS OUT TOO - STEVE - MY HUSBAND HAD TO HELP ME GET THOSE TWO DOGS INSIDE AND KENZO PUSHED THE LITTLE BOY OVER IN THE RAIN!
THE BOY WOULLD BE ABOUT 7 YEARS OLD AND I SAID "HEY, HE TRICKED YOU!"
HE WAS NOT IMPRESSED BUT LEFT HAPPY WITH LOLLIES AND HIS DAD UNDER ANOTHER UMBRELLA :)
* we are so happy to get this rain Linda for you know we have been in a drought!
Oh - YES, it was Moi Moi who was barking the most , Kenzo just wanted to play.

Jeanne said...

Linda, that would be a Chocolate Lab.....a senior at best.

Hope all the foster Pekes get their treats tonight....their "fur-ever" home !!!!

Boo...........

emilyp said...

LOL @lady jicky!

I wanted to dress Newmie and Drizz up as bumble bees..I should have done that, lol.

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES