Saturday, November 13, 2010

KIBBLES--REST IN PEACE SWEET BOY

Three years ago, I received an email asking for help with Kibbles, an eleven year old Pekingese. His owners didn't want him anymore-- I took Kibbles into rescue. He deserved that.
A dear friend of mine, Cherry, has taken in a lot of our seniors. Here she is with Chance, who is just precious and still with Cherry. Kibbles went to live with Cherry in August, 2007. He was deaf, and older, but still had a lot of life in him! He still loved to play.
Kibbles was totally comfortable at Cherry's-- can you tell? :-) He got along with the other dogs and was totally housetrained.
He loved to go out in the snow-- he almost blended in! He just pranced along and enjoyed every minute of it.
I received an email on Friday morning-- Cherry wrote this: "Kibbles went to that special place God has for dogs at 7:00 Thursday night. He did his very best to get to where I was and he made it just before he drew his last breath. I've held him now for about an hour. He left me before I ever believed he would. I'm so glad I had him his last days. If he knew nothing else, he knew he and I bonded and he knew I loved him so much. He snuggled up so close to me last night in bed. I'm going to really miss my Kibbles.....Cherry"
REST IN PEACE, SWEET KIBBLES. YOUR MOM WILL MISS YOU AND I'LL ALWAYS REMEMBER YOUR SWEET FACE.

4 comments:

lady jicky said...

I feel for you Cherry . You take it easy for the loss of a dear one is hard.
Vale Kibbles.

emilyp said...

So many hugs and thoughts for Cherry.

I bet Kibbles is at the rainbow bridge prancing and dancing in the snow:)

Karin said...

You are a special lady, Cherry, for taking in the older pekes and loving them until the end. You and Kibbles obviously had a very special, close bond.

Cris said...

I'm sorry for your loss Cherry, and I am sure that Kibbles knew without a doubt how much you loved him. Now he is at that special place - and with my Dolly, where there is no such thing as pain or sickness for them. Thank you for being the special person you are and caring for these pekes.

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES