Monday, May 30, 2011

MEMORIAL DAY

I want to use this blog today to say thank you to all the men and women who have served our country. This is a day to remember.


I have been "military" all my life. My dad served for over 30 years in the Air Force. My husband is retired Navy, and so is his dad. My daughter's father in law is retired Navy. We know many who have served and many who have given their life for our wonderful country. I want to say thank you.


This is my husband, who is the kindest man I've ever known. He lives to give to others. He gave over 20 years in service to our country-- thank you, sugar. (He's carrying Drill Bit on his back.)


To all who are presently serving, and all who have served before, thank you. If you lost someone in service to our country, you have my sympathy and heart. If you've lived as a "dependent" to someone in the service and have lived that life, with its challenges and rewards, thank you. I love our country!

7 comments:

lady jicky said...

What do you do on Memorial Day Linda?

Tracey said...

Thank you Linda for the beautiful reminder of why we celebrate Memorial Day!

emilyp said...

Lovely blog Linda:)

Karin said...

Thank-you for this lovely post today! I didn't know you were a "military brat" too, Linda, as well as a military wife! My dad served in the Army for 30 years, and was even stationed in Virginia for a year!

Linda said...

Yes, I'm military all the way. My first husband was a Navy pilot who died while serving-- so my second husband married "all of us." Not too many men would do that. Linda

Linda said...

Melinda, we usually grill hamburgers or something, and try to relax some. I did relax this afternoon-- but worked on dogs and house this morning. ;-) Had to clean a few carpets that "someone" peed on! haha
Linda

lady jicky said...

Linda - If I have told you once - I have told you a thousand times -- stop peeing on the carpet! LOL

I hope you all have a lovely and relaxing day.

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES