Friday, June 17, 2011

SASSY aka MADELION

A local humane society asked us if we would take this little girl. They said she was turned in by her owners who could not afford her medical care. The shelter called her Madelion, because of her "lion cut." I've seen this on a few dogs before.

The shelter said she was walking in circles and had an extreme tilt to her head. It could be a brain tumor, serious cervical injury or something with her ears-- we are hoping for a minor thing that we can help! We normally can't take a dog like this, but when Jeanne and I saw her picture and heard her story, something told us to take her. We go on our instinct in just about all we do in rescue, and our instinct said, 'YES.'

She is at Jeanne's home for fostering and will go to the vet this morning-- we should know more this afternoon and I'll update this blog as I get more information. All Jeanne can say is, "This is one sweet dog." She walked into Jeanne's house and made friends with every dog there. She ate her dinner, went outside and wagged her tail constantly. We are glad we took her-- we'll do all we can for her. If you want to donate to her care, just go to our chipin at: http://www.chipin.com/contribute/id/e8960464e96cb057 This chipin will provide care for Sassy and for Jasper.

4 comments:

lady jicky said...

I am so glad you picked her up Linda!
I am sending positive vibes for her Vet result!

Doris Sturm said...

What an adorable baby. Thank you so much for helping her!

Sukies Mommy said...

Awwww she looks like a sweetheart. Thank God for you for taking her in. I praying for her. I found a peke his name was lucky. And he did the same thing. The vet put him on seiz meds. And we cut in half and it was just enough. I had him for 2 years. I love this little guys so much. He past away from a seiz. Will never forget how lucky I was to have him in my life!!!

Karin said...

Oh gosh, Linda, I know your wonderful vet will diagnose her quickly so she can be treated. I'm glad to see she's happy and sounds like she's not in distress. I'm so thankful she is being helped.

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES