Thursday, June 12, 2014
ESSENTIAL FACTS FOR DOG LOVERS
2. Take your pet to places so they can meet other people and pets. It will make them more well-rounded and more socialized. I have too many to take them all to places, but a lot of people come to my home so they have a social experience beyond just me.
13. Don't get angry with your pet-- I know if they have an accident, it can mean you have to clean it. If they knock something over (your morning coffee), they aren't doing it on purpose.
18. If your pet isn't actually normal, there's a reason. Find out what it is. They don't have the verbal skills to tell you.
19. Take care of your pet when they are older-- this is not the time to look for a new pet and give up an old one. I love the seniors and they still have so much to give. (I wish more people would adopt older ones, they deserve it.)
20. And last, when that last difficult decision has to be made-- if you have to decide that your pet needs to leave this world, hold them while you let them go. It's scary and having you will make his last moments better-- it will make yours better, too, knowing you were there to the end. It's hard but after a life of love, we can send them on that way know they are loved.
LOVE YOUR PET-- THEY DEPEND ON YOUR AND WILL GIVE YOU SO MUCH LOVE IN RETURN.