Saturday, July 12, 2014

TO MY FOSTER DOG

A poem to my foster dog

I am the bridge... (my Max above, some foster dogs don't leave)
Between what was and what can be.
I am the pathway to a new life.   I am made of mush,
Because my heart melted when I saw you,
Matted and sore, limping, depressed,
Lonely, unwanted, afraid to love.   For one little time you are mine.
I will feed you with my own hand.. (former foster Lu and his brother, Cooper, the puppy)..
I will love you with my whole heart...
I will make you whole.   I am made of steel.   (Bear and his Yogi)
Because when the time comes,
When you are well, and sleek,  (Cassie, coming into rescue next week)
When your eyes shine,
And your tail wags with joy
Then comes the hard part.
I will let you go--not without a tear,
But without a regret.
For you are safe forever--
A new dog needs me now.
by Diane Morgan
THANK YOU TO ALL OUR FOSTER MOMS AND DADS WHO DO THIS OVER AND OVER.   OUR HEART BREAKS WHEN WE LET THEM GO, BUT WE ALWAYS LOVE THEM.   AND THEN WE CAN HELP ANOTHER--AND OUR HEART GROWS BIGGER EACH TIME WE DO.

3 comments:

lady jicky said...

Now stop it Linda .... I am tearing up!!!! :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful!

Crossfire said...

Beautiful! :-)

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES