Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Oreo

Oreo came into rescue last fall. He was a one year old puppy whose owner had died. The family didn't want him (???) but we did!
He was fostered in Virginia Beach with his foster brother Clarence (owned by his foster mom Kim).
He was a sweetheart and I knew he would go fast. (We have a foster now who looks a lot like him-- Merit.)
A friend from church met him and fell in love. This friend didn't have a lot of dog history, but I knew when she committed to something, it was not taken lightly. She was a new widow and lonely and when she met Oreo, she wanted to adopt him.
Years ago, she met me and found out what I did-- rescue Pekingese. She told me recently, "I thought it was really odd what you did." :-) But, now that she has Oreo, she told me, "I used to think you were odd, but now I pray for you. Oreo has given me a reason to get up and has given me so much joy."
WOW, what better compliment could we have as foster moms/dads for what we do. So, to all my foster helpers-- this is for you. People may not understand what we do, but once they do, we see what a difference these dogs can make in a life. We save the dogs, but sometimes, I think we help save people, too. :-)

5 comments:

lady jicky said...

Oh Linda , now that is WONDERFUL!!

Many people don't "get" what a pet can do but.... hopefully a day may come when it all falls into place and they DO understand!

Kisses to you all :)

Emily said...

Wonderful story:) Oreo is a very handsome little guy!

RescuegirlinVA said...

We save them, but in the end they save us right back. Great story!!!

claudine hellmuth said...

yay Oreo!!!!

Karin said...

That is a great story! Oreo is irresistible!

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES