Tuesday, November 25, 2014

FAREWELL MITZIE

Mitzie was at my vet hospital in March, 2010.    Her owner was in hospice care and could no longer care for her.    They said she was a Pekingese mix-- but when I saw her, at about 40 pounds, I knew she wasn't Peke.   But, she still needed help.
I put out a plea-- and my friend, Toni, said she would help her until a home could be found.    Well, Mitzie was there a short time, and Toni decided that her home had been found-- with her!  
 Mitzie was 13 years old when she came to live with Toni and her family of kids and dogs.
 Toni has a heart for the downtrodden dogs, and she loved this "little" girl right away.
 Mitzie had a stroke this year and with Toni's care, she came through it all.
 Toni lost her beloved Marco in July, and I know losing Mitzie is a double loss in a short time.    I understand because I lost two dogs this year, too.   It's really tough.
Mitzie was 17 1/2 years old-- she began to decline rapidly and she left Toni today.    Toni hopes she was met by her previous owner and that they are now together.    Mitzie was loved all her life-- and she was released with love, too.   Run free now, sweet girl.    Your family will miss you so much.

2 comments:

Toni Davis said...

Thank you Linda! :)

lady jicky said...

Toni .... we are thinking of you here in Australia !!!

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES