Sunday, May 3, 2015

TWINKIE GOES HOME

 Remember Twinkie-- we were trying to help her find a home a few weeks ago.    It was a success and now she is in her new home!   She even sent us an email to let us know how she was doing.  Here is it.
 "Hello new family & friends,
 I’m celebrating my first week in my new home after moving here from Hardy, VA. It was a long trip home last Saturday in the rain, but I had to check out my new yard, even though I hate the rain! It’s so big and I’m always finding new places to explore!
 First thing I did was pull my bed out of my crate and move in. I even confiscated Mom’s fleece blanket for my bed. Now it’s really cozy! I have a brand new toy that I love to play tug-of-war and fetch with, although I still occasionally play with my ball.
 My first week has been pretty eventful! I had to go to the vet (ouch!) and get my shots and checkup, then went to the groomers (ugh!), but came out looking and feeling like a new dog! Love my new do! I have found all my favorite places to snooze and love looking out the front door (when it’s open) to watch what’s happening in my hood!
 I’ve met my doggie neighbors, but am reserving judgment on Ellie, the big black lab and Chloe, the Shiba Inu. Ellie is too old to see me and Chloe is kinda wired! But Fibi from across the alley may become a good friend, once I get over her puppy antics!
 I did pretty good when Mom & Dad went to work this week. I can sit on the bed and look out the window. I’m always really happy to see them come home!
 All in all, I think I’m settling very well and will enjoy living in Richmond!
Twinkie!
P.S. Mom & I are going to take a nap now, ‘cause I think I’ve worn her out!"
Oh, I love a dog who can send me emails!   I hope you send more!

2 comments:

lady jicky said...

What a wonderful life you have now Twinkie!
In fact .... I think you have taken the biscuit! LOL

Love that new do too!!!!

Unknown said...

What a happy ending!! Love those!!

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES