Thursday, June 2, 2016

ZIKA VIRUS AND DOGS

Gizzy and Doolin are very comfortable, snuggled up with mom. They aren't worried about the Zika virus that mosquitos are spreading.
Jasper has more things to worry about-- like making sure he keeps an eye on his foster mom while she works.  It's a big job!
Desi is telling her mom, Lucinda (Dr. Hodges) secrets.   If I ever need information, I can always contact Lucinda and Roger.   I'm sure if she knows about this virus, she will let me know.  
Right now, I have tried to find out if there are any studies being done on how this virus can effect our precious dogs.   Camden above is interested, I'm sure.
Sophie knows I'll try to find out so that I can share it with you,
For now, there doesn't seem to be any information though.  I did find a link, but it doesn't have much information in it.   Here is the link:  Click here: Zika Virus and Dogs: What Every Dog Owner Needs To Know | Veterinary Secrets Blog with Dr. Andrew Jones, DVM
I know that we want to protect our pets from mosquitos, regardless of what they are carrying.   This summer, it is really important to protect our pets.

1 comment:

LadyJicky said...

Oh I have not thought about our pets / farm animals!!! I have been reading up and they say monkeys can get it.

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES