Friday, October 13, 2023

A DAY IN THE LIFE OF LEIA

Leia and the rest of the Maryland Five came into rescue in early September.   
They each went to a foster home-- Leia came to me.  
She's only 10-11 pounds and she needed spay surgery.  But, you can see from the previous picture that she had huge nasal folds.  They were actually blocking some of her vision and needed to be removed.  
She also needed her nose opened up so she could breathe better.  Her nose was so pinched shut.  Now she can breathe through her nose.  
She has had a variety of e-collars.   Each one had an issue.   She managed to get this one off.  
I saw her with no collar.   HMMM.  
Leia loves to play-- she tried to play with Callie.   Callie was so excited, but her big self scared Leia and Leia took off.  
Callie is the most gentle creature.  She tries to be Peke size, but she's over 60 pounds, so it's hard.
Leia tried to play with Piper, her butt in the air, and her front feet down.  Zeke tried to get involved and Leia hid behind Piper.   Life is all new for this precious little girl-- it takes time to get used to feeling safe.   Leia doesn't have a mean bone in her body.  She is making progress house training and that will need to be continued.   She is doing so much better.   
She is just 1-2 years old.  She going to visit a friend of mine while I travel next week, but I'll still get updates.   This is one special little one.
Be good while I'm gone, sweet girl.  💜  
 

1 comment:

LadyJicky said...

I am so glad Leia had those nasal and folds done as she is young and its a good time to do it.
Breathing and seeing better I bet!!!

I know some people are anti-vacc but please have the covid ones ..... if I did not I am sure I would be in hospital.

Feeling better but very tired.

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES