Saturday, October 7, 2023

UPDATE ON LEIA

Leia has had a week.   She had spay surgery but also had stenotic nares and nasal fold surgery.   She has had three e collars and this big blue one seems to be working.  She can’t get her foot around it to scratch her face. 
Wednesday was a good day for her.  She was spunky and playful.  But Friday wasn’t as good.  She was lethargic and didn’t feel well.    I messaged my vet and she gave a new med but later I called to see if she could have a peek at Leia.  She did.  
Leila’s lymph nodes were swollen and she was blowing bubbles.  I thought this could show her nares were more open- but why bubbles.  Her blood count was okay, but she was put on nose drops, antibiotics and probiotics to make sure her tummy didn’t react to the new meds.   

AND, my vet gave me my own hospital vest!   She said I was part of the team.   What a gift!   I just love it. 

Leia stayed close and fell asleep snoring, but comfortable.  She slept all night!   And she’s up on my lap and telling off whoever is barking outside.   Oh wait!  That my dog Piper. 🤦‍♀️.  Thank you for your concern for Leia.  I think we’ve turned the corner. 💕
 

No comments:

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES