Thursday, May 7, 2009

Australia Pekes and Friends

I have an email friend who lives in Australia! She reads the Peke blog every day because she loves Pekes. She said there aren't very many down there. They have a Pug Rescue, but she doesn't know of a Peke rescue. Pugs are "trendy" there now.
No, this isn't a Peke-- we're bright aren't we!! This is Rosie, the Pug. ThePug Rescue group in Australia had Rosie with them. My friend adopted Rosie when she was ten years old. I love the senior dogs.
Here is Rosie with Oscar, her Pug/Maltese friend/sister. Oscar and Rosie went to dog heaven last year. They are greatly missed by their mom and dad.
Here is Lulu with Oscar. Love that Pekingese tongue!! Only a Peke can lick the top of their head.
Okay, they are looking up more-- LOVE those faces!!
Now they're posing!!
Look how beautiful she is! I'm a sucker for a senior Pekingese. Lulu's mom said that when Lulu gota bad haircut - she KNEW! She was not very happy either. But, she was beautiful either way!
After losing these three, their mom was devastated. You can replace a precious pet. But, we find that we have room to love another.
And here is "another." Little Kenzo is a maltese/shih tzu they got as a tiny puppy.
And being his cute self! She said he is "dominant and difficult to control." How can you control something this cute!?
Kenzo is precious! Thanks for sharing their pictures, Melinda!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So true, a senior pup really has something oh so special about them.
I want to hug them all.

Anna said...

Senior dogs have so much to offer us! Rescue must support the seniors!

Karin said...

How sweet they all are! I ALWAYS want a pooch to love. Some people refuse to go through the heartache again after losing a dear pet, but I cannot imagine myself without one,especially when there are so many out there looking for loving homes.

lady jicky said...

What a lovely surprise to see my furry gang up there.
When I lost Oscar and then Rosie a week apart this Jan.One from cancer the other with a bad heart problem , my hubby and I were so scared to get another dog but.... the house was so lonely. You doggy people know what that is like.
I was scared to get a rescue after my beloved Rosie died and we only had her a year. After alot of "what should we do??" we decided to get a puppy. I wanted a Peke but they are hard to get here. For some strange reason they are not very popular in Australia. It might be our heat but then, pugs hate the heat and they are so popular! Weird. So we found Kenzo and I must say Linda - he has grown alot!! LOL
I look at your site everyday and I want all your pekes! If we do decide to get another dog it will be a rescue older dog and a peke if I can find one . I have not had a puppy for 14 years --- Oooo Kenzo is one very naughty puppy! Older rescue's are alot easier! LOL
Happy Mothers Day to everyone on Sunday. I wonder what Kenzo has bought me?????
Love to all,
Melinda and Kenzo

Linda said...

I can't wait to see more pictures of Kenzo! I'll post them on the blog also-- we have "honorary Pekes" on there, too.
Linda

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES