Tuesday, August 20, 2013

FAREWELL FERBIE

 Ferbie (with his friend Barney) was my friend Melanie's original Peke when I met her.    She applied to adopt Barney and that began a rescue friendship.  
 Ferbie, here after a bath, was 14 years old when he died after having a stroke last week.    It left him unable to walk or be the Peke he used to be.
 Ferbie's mom, Melanie, fostered and worked with our group but left to form her own rescue, Mutts Matter Rescue.
 Her husband is involved, too (here with a foster dog) and they have rescued over 1,000 dogs.
I know Ferbie is proud of the work his mom does.    He welcomed many foster dogs into his home and shared his mom and dad's love with so many.     You will be deeply missed, Ferbie.   You took part of your mom's heart with you.

5 comments:

RescuegirlinVA said...

Thank you Linda for writing this. As I said in my email, he was my greatest and longest love. Can't tell you how lovely this is. It's been hard to even talk about, so reading this is helping me heal.

Unknown said...

So nice of you Linda! Ferbie gave us so much joy throughout the years and he will be missed but never forgotten.

Ginkgo's Daddy said...

So very sorry, Melanie, for the loss of your handsome Peke Ferbie. I guess it was time for him to retire from welcoming foster dogs, but he wants you to continue your rescue and foster work. RIP sweet Ferbie! Romp and play with my Pekes at the Rainbow Bridge!

lady jicky said...

I am so sorry to read about your loss .

Pekiegirl said...

So sorry for your loss. I know how it feels to lose one of these special pekes. My Gremlin opened up the world of pekes to me, and had I not rescued him, I would have never known the breed I love so much now. May Ferbie find my Gremlin at the Rainbow Bridge.

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES