Sunday, August 31, 2014

YOU'LL ALWAYS BE MINE--GUS ADOPTED!

 There I sat, alone and afraid, you got a call and came right to my aid.  (Gus came into rescue a year ago.)
 You bundled me up with blankets and love.   (Gus was in terrible condition when we got him-- he was with Jeanne, an incredible friend and foster mom.)
 And, when I needed it most, you gave me a hug.  (Gus was dreaming of his forever home last Christmas.  He had waited a long time.)
 I learned that the world was not all that scary and cold.
That sometimes there is someone to have and to hold.   (Gus met his new mom-- I feel like I know her because we have been in contact for quite awhile.   I feel like she is already a good friend!)
 You taught me what love is, you helped me to mend.
You loved me and healed me and became my first friend.  (I love this look on love on Gus' new mom's face.   Gus is loved by so many of us in rescue.   He is a very special boy.)
   And just when I thought you'd done all you do, there came along not one new lesson, but two.
First you said, "Sweetheart, you're ready to go. I've done all I can, and you've learned all I know." (Jeanne, was so attached to this sweet boy-- it's hard to let them go.)
  Then you bundled me up with a blanket and kiss.
Along came a new family, they will love me I know.
They took me to their home, forever to stay.
At first I thought you sent me away.
Then that second lesson became perfectly clear.
No matter how far, you will always be near.
 And so, Foster Mom, you know I've moved on.
I have a new home, with toys and a mom.
But I'll never forget what I learned that first day.
You never really give your fosters away.
You gave me these thoughts to remember you by.
We may never meet again, and now I know why.
You'll remember I lived with you for a time.
I may not be yours, but you'll always be mine. - Author Unknown
JEANNE, THANK YOU FOR HELPING, HEALING, AND LOVING GUS-- WE ALL FELL IN LOVE WITH HIM BECAUSE YOU LET US KNOW HIM, TOO.   HE WILL ALWAYS BE IN YOUR HEART!

1 comment:

lady jicky said...

This post is Sadness and Happiness all rolled into one and that one is Gus!

I am so glad he has a loving home and Jeanne - you know I think of you as a Peke Angel !!!!

Infact ---- all the foster care people are PEKE ANGELS :)

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES