Sunday, June 20, 2010

PLAY DAY AT LINDA'S

There is a food recall. It's for Natural Balance Sweet Potato and Chicken. http://www.petcoscoop.com/2010/06/natural-balance-sweet-potato-chicken-d "Natural Balance is voluntarily recalling its Sweet Potato & Chicken Dry Dog food in 5- and 28-pound bags, with the "Best By" date of June 17th, 2011. The recall is being issued out of "an abundance of caution" because it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella."
+++++++++++++++++++++++
PLAY DAY AT LINDA'S
One of my friends who adopted from me now lives down the street. She adopted Ricky SIX YEARS ago! Wow, has it been that long? She also has a puppy maltese who is Ricky's best friend. They came over for a play day. Well, it was also bath day here-- so with her permission, hers got a bath too. I even trimmed their nails! (I'm learning to do this after ALL the years I've owned dogs-- aren't you proud of me haha.)
LJ, the Maltese, sure looks funny wet. But, it didn't get in his way at all. He was still playing with the gumballs on the deck.
Oh, more gumballs! He was barking at them, running around. I gated the deck, so they could sun dry and then be brushed. They loved it. It was a warm day, and there was cool water and a big fan. I was tempted to stop the baths, and climb into the hammock and enjoy the deck with them. :-)
Ricky, sweet Ricky, had a bath, too. What a good boy he is!
Yes, we still see you LJ!
Ricky, you're about to be brushed!
I know you don't want to be brushed, LJ, but you will be. (He was so good about it.) He's likes to talk!
Okay, we see your pretty self. You've played all day and now it's time to take a nap while I get myself cleaned up. After five dog baths, I need a clean-up and brushing myself.
Look at how pretty Ricky is. He has a summer cut (no, I didn't do it), and is so handsome. LJ is still talking about the bath!
Yes, LJ, you DO have to stay in the laundry room for awhile. You can just rest.
I see you're going to be a good sport about it now.
Ricky has already found the bed and LJ is about to join him for an afternoon nap. Naps are wonderful. I see a few toys up there with you.
Ricky is fading quickly. He's had a busy, happy day!
Here they are, in the back yard. Click here: YouTube - LJ&Ricky

3 comments:

lady jicky said...

There is nothing like a good old wash to make a pup look much better!
I cut Kenzo's nails a week ago and made one bleed like crazy!
Ooooo, sorry Mr Zo----- I feel so bad when it happens and boy it must hurt!

Karin said...

I have A LOT of respect for groomers because bathing, brushing and clipping nails is no easy feat! Not to mention giving them haircuts:)

Kenzo's nails must be black ~ it's impossible to see the quick:(

lady jicky said...

Yes Karin - both my dogs have black nails - Its a shocker job!

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES