Wednesday, June 30, 2010

SAMMY

I was called and emailed by the shelter near me. They just got in a Pekingese-- an owner turn-in. He was a little older, they thought about eight. (He may be a little older.) They wanted to know if we could help.
I went over to visit with him, took him to the enclosed visiting area. He was whining some-- he didn't know why he was there. I didn't know either.
He kept going to the gate, and whining, as if he was looking for his owner. I just kept talking to him.
I couldn't take him that day because he had to be neutered first. I hated leaving him-- it was so hot, but the shelter has a lot of big doors that open (like giant garage doors) and they had huge fans going. He would be fine.
He posed for me so I could get a good picture before I left. "Don't worry! I'll be back!"
I brought him home on Monday after his neuter and dental. I am never sure how a new foster will be with my crew here, but he was completely non-aggressive. He also seems to be house-trained-- YIPPEE!!
And he's happy! He went to find a toy and found one no one else plays with. I have a LOT of toys! This video is dark, but you can see how happy he is: Click here: YouTube - sammy1
Yes, he has gotten all these out-- plus others than squeak and roll.
He is so happy. He follows me around and lays near the desk when I'm working.
I know someone will want this sweet boy in their family! He's weighs about 15-16 pounds and is so nice. If you are interested in him, just email me at potomacpekes@gmail.com or haveninhim@aol.com

8 comments:

lady jicky said...

Linda , Mr Sam looks so happy!

I do hope that boy gets a great home - he is a sweet heart!

cby said...

Sammy, you are such a sweet and handsome gentleman. It was a special day when your guardian angel came to the shelter rescue you.

emilyp said...

What a great smile he has!

Dawn-Marie said...

He looks so much like my Princess Mugwhump!They have the the same coloring.He will find his forever home soon and make someone a wonderful friend.

Karin said...

He is soo cute! Housebroken, good-natured and adorable, what more could one ask for?

Natalia said...

I can't believe someone would turn Sammy in! He looks like such a sweet boy! I hope he finds his forever home soon!

Natalia said...

I can't believe someone would turn Sammy in! He looks like such a sweet boy! I hope he finds his forever home soon!

Pekiegirl said...

So sad his family left him! So glad you found him, Linda! He doesn't know it yet, but his new home and family is just around the corner, if you have any say in it!

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES