Friday, June 4, 2010

Zoe and Fu

These are Carey's dogs-- Allie, the Blenheim Cavalier, died recently, but Zoe and Fu, the Pekingese are with their mom.

Zoe, Carey's yellow Lab and her daughter's "personal LaX coach" :) passed her service exam at Walter Reed Medical Center. Zoe is one of a handful of dogs to have the privilege to visit the soldiers at Walter Reed on a regular basis. (I have been a military "brat" or wife all my life, so I know how important it is for these soldiers to have company-- especially a happy dog!)

Carey is so proud of her and said, "I lost every one of my buttons as she passed by the serving cart loaded with aromatic food trays without a glance. Imagine a Lab non plussed by food." Zoe visits the elderly, does a literacy program and is registered as a canine companion~ but this effort by her is just magnificent. Now Fu, the Peke, is slowly by surely turning into a Lab, and is retrieving tennis balls and bringing back toys.

Now we're waiting for Fu to pass her tests! I know some Pekingese who are certified therapy dogs.


CONGRATULATIONS ZOE!!! We are all proud of you!

1 comment:

lady jicky said...

Bravo !

If you get that peke to do what she is told --- hop on a plane and sort my two out please! :)

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES