Must Love Pekes is a blog for those who love Pekingese, their looks, their antics, their personalities. It is written by me, Linda, and I have been rescuing Pekingese for over 15 years. Lots of them have gone through our home. We have loved them all.
Friday, September 2, 2016
CHOCOLATE-- TOXIC FOR DOGS! LU AND BRADLEY
Bradley is new to rescue and he's doing great.
He is such a sweet boy.
He is being fostered in Lu's home. Lu came to visit me a few months ago.
Why does Sugar Bit have your toy??
You need to tell Bradley the rules of the house. You've been so good at your house and Bradley has gotten into trouble. He needs some guidance.
Bradley got into the trash in the kitchen. There was some trail mix in there, and he had a lot of it-- including dark chocolate. Any kind of chocolate can be toxic and even fatal to dogs. His foster mom called me and I said to get him to the vet. They had to give him something to make him vomit, and he had eaten a lot of chocolate! No, No, No! After that, Bradley was given something else to absorb what was still there. I bet it did not taste good at all! You can find out more at: Click
here: Dogs and Chocolate Poisoning: A Toxic Combination
Bradley is fine now, and I bet he will stay out of the trash. I hope so!! :-)