Saturday, February 28, 2009

My Back Yard

THIS IS MY BACK YARD. Scooterbug and Maggie are checking out what looking like waterfront property!

They always think something new must be in the ivy out there and that they MUST find it!

Starlight gets in on the act.

Look at the water! We must be special to live on the water.

Scooter and Cranberry check out the water.

Maybe we can go fishing! (The picket fence has been removed and there is a mesh fence that you can't see well-- don't worry, no Pekes were harmed when I took these pictures-- no danger of drowning!)

Starlight is still looking for treasures.

Maggie gets in on the sniffing adventure.

Now Scooter and Max are checking things out. (This could go on and on!)

Scooter stops to look at the water again.

They must think I buried gold out there!
Oh, no. Where did the water go?? It's disappearing!
It's getting skinny!

And there are fallen trees, too!

There was water here, I swear!

Mom, they stole the water!

Now Max has to see where it went.

Maggie is looking for the water! This is awful-- a water thief came!

Max is forlorn-- just a sliver of water left. :-(

It went that way.


Actually, I live on the end of a tidal fed "fiinger" of the river. So, sometimes, it seems I have a lot of water and sometimes it just disappears. Sometimes, we have ducks back there-- which really drives the dogs crazy-- but sometimes, there is just, well, almost nothing! Sometimes, I can sit and peacefully hear the water moving and running from the other end, and sometimes there is nothing to hear. But, I love my back yard, and I love all the Pekes running around in it!

Send me pictures of your dogs in YOUR backyard!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your little explorers seem to have a great time outdoors. Taco and Nubby just like to make a racket, the neighborhood watch members, and Lu loves to just lie there on her blanket and look pretty.

Anonymous said...

Hi, this is Ruth from Fairfax. WOW Starlight looks so good and so happy. I check your blog every once in awhile just to catch up on Starlight and get my Starlight "fix" :):). She looks happy. Love the "water hunting" pictures! Precious.

Have a good weekend
God Bless
Ruth

Linda said...

Hi, Ruth. Starlight has come a long way! She still is hand shy, but will get on people's laps IF they are sitting down and not intimidating to her. She totally trusts us and we can do anything with her. But, her abuse in the past still affects her-- just takes her longer to trust than most dogs.
Linda

PEKES

PEKES
MUST LOVE PEKES